Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Belize I will have another Belikin



I am so wistful right now. The summer that I thought was here, is actually not. It's windy and chilly and I hate it. Makes me want to go back to Belize. We went with my parents and the boys just over two years ago. Kayden loved it and thought it was a blast. Logan didn't like much of anything but wasn't a total pain in the butt. The water is crystal clear and the beaches are white sand. There are no vehicles on the island, only golf carts. We went to Lamanai the ancient Mayan ruins. The food was awesome, especially the Mayan fish at Elvi's. YUM. The sand floor was a little odd in there though. Can you imagine that in Canada? LOL, they would be shut down.



They actually have to rake the sand because of the seaweed. There aren't any waves because there is a huge reef (second only to the Great Barrier Reed in Australia) that basically kills the waves 100 ft out or so. The snorkeling is amazing. I actually got to touch a manta ray. We saw a beautiful sea turtle. There were 8 of us in total on the boat and our group was made up of 6 people. You do the math, we basically had the boat to ourselves. I don't really rave about a lot of things but Belize is an exception. It was beautiful and I hope one day I can go back.



Belikin is the local beer. We drank a lot of it, along with some rum. Alright, a lot of rum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment